Friday, January 23, 2009

This Crazy Weather Is For The Birds! NOT!

About a month ago, it was well below zero for a week. Lately, we have been teased with 50F degree weather but yesterday it dropped to zero again – within a few hours. Weather patterns around the world seem to be getting more erratic. Humans are definitely affected in many different ways by the crazy weather but we find ways to cope. Whenever the extreme weather is causing extra hardship to our daily routines, I cannot help but think about the hardship that wildlife must endure. I come home at the end of the day to a warm home, prepare a warm meal for my family, and sip warm coffee or tea as I watch the wild birds through my kitchen window feasting on wild bird seed from a homemade bird feeder. It warms my heart to help in little ways that I can.

In these tough economic times, many people feel that they cannot afford to think about the wildlife – even the little wild birds. I think we can’t afford not to think about the wildlife. Each creature on this earth plays a role in the fragile balance of our ecology. Mother Nature is sometimes cruel enough, but since mankind has also upset the balance of our ecology, destroying habitats and food sources of our wildlife, do you not think we owe a little helping hand whenever we can? I have shopped for bird feeders on numerous occasions and every time, I am in awe at the prices ranging up into the hundreds of dollars. We manage comfortably on a modest budget. We certainly would not be in a position to help our feathered friends at those prices. Frankly, I do believe it would eliminate the potential from most of the population.

A couple of years ago I discovered a clever little gadget that makes it affordable for most of us to feed the wild birds and enjoy the rewards of bird watching too. As an additional bonus, it helps the environment by keeping some of the plastic soda bottles out of the landfills. If everyone made just one, think of how many bottles would be put to good use instead of using energy to be recycled or filling up landfills that are already overburdened with garbage. You can make this wild bird feeder for less than $5.00. I have written an article to show you step-by-step instructions. Once you see how quick, easy, and inexpensive this project is, I hope you will begin the rewarding experience of helping our joyful feathered friends for many years to come. Please visit again to share your bird watching experiences. May your day always begin with the gift of a song bird.

How To Make a Quick and Easy Wild Bird Feeder With a Reused Plastic Bottle



1 comment:

  1. That is a great article! I love how you write! I hope to see more of your work in the future?! BTW, I think you should make more videos with your son in the future!

    ReplyDelete